Posted In: December, 2012
Posted On: 31st of January, 2013
Posted In: PS Art Space, Parentheses Records, The Cinematic Scores, Fringe World
PS Art Space proudly presents in association with Parenthèses Records a 2013 fringeworld event.
Part new media installation, part performance, The Cinematic Scores offer a unique marriage of film and music. Musical ensembles are invited to respond to a selection of short silent films from the public domain by composing an original score for each of the moving pictures.
Presented as a cinematic installation within the monumental ground floor of PS Art Space, the experience is mesmerising and deeply poetic – Cinema unlike you have experienced before.
The line-up includes the following artists & films:
* Mark Cain interpreting Nanook of the North (Robert Flaherty, 1921)
* Sam Gillies & Chris Kotchie interpreting Anemic Cinema (Marcel Duchamp, 1926)
* Voicemale interpreting Battleship Potemkin (Eisenstein, 1925)
* Philip Everal & David Sergio Kaloczy interpreting 'L'Etoile de Mer (Man Ray - 1928)
* TheIntensoBand interpreting Le Voyage dans la lune (George Melies, 1902)
THE CINEMATIC SCORES II
Curated by Alexis Courtin and Tom Muller
Saturday 16 February 2013,
Doors open: 7.30pm
Performance starts: 8.30pm
PS Art Space (PSAS) Ground Floor
22 Pakenham St, Fremantle
Bookings Essentials: www.fringeworld.com.au