Posted In: Mace Francis
Posted On: 13th of December, 2013
Posted In: The Cinematic Scores, PSAS, PS Art Space, Parentheses Records, Listen/Hear Collective, Fringe World, Public Domain, Festival, Johannes Luebbers, Kynan Tan, Predrag Delibasich, Pex, Mace Francis, Gilded
PS Art Space (PSAS), Parenthèses Records & Listen/Hear Collective are proud to present The Cinematic Scores IV.
Part new media installation, part performance, The Cinematic Scores offer a unique marriage of film and music. Musical ensembles are invited to respond to a selection of short silent films from the public domain by composing an original score for each of the moving pictures. Presented as a cinematic installation within the monumental ground floor of PS Art Space, the experience is mesmerising and deeply poetic. It is cinema like you have not experienced before.
The Cinematic Scores II was nominated in the Fringe World 2013 Awards for Film & Multimedia and the West Australian said:
“The Cinematic Scores is an event that renders splendidly the power of music to shift our interpretive faculties, a challenging but rewarding experience for performers and audience alike.” (Matthew Sykes, The West Australian)
THE CINEMATIC SCORES IV - BUY TICKETS
* Predrag 'Pex' Delibasich interpreting A Page of Madness (T. Kinugasa, 1926)
* LSD (Luebbers/Simon/Daniel) interpreting Hansel and Gretel (l. Reiniger, 1955)
* Kynan Tan interpreting Lichtspiel Schwarz Weiss Grau (l. Moholy-Nagy, 1930)
* BCF (Mace Francis/Ben Collins/Greg Brenton) interpreting un Chien Andalou (luis bunuel, 1928)
* Mark Cain, Esfandiar Shahmir & Sanshi interpreting Emak-bakia (Man Ray, 1926)
Co-curated by Alexis Courtin (Parenthèses Records), Tom Muller (PS Art Space) & Johannes Luebbers (listen/Hear Collective)